Re: High School Physics Magazines?

Could anyone tell me the names of the journals or magazines that most high
school physics teachers read?
Thanks
Barb Crowley

Electrostatic Applications
16525 Jackson Oaks Drive
Morgan Hill, CA 95037 USA
Phone: (408) 779-7774 Fax: (408) 779-3638
email: electro@electrostatic.com
http://www.electrostatic.com/

If you mean what journals or magazines in general, then I suppose it
wouldn't vary that much from the general population (e.g., TV Guide,
Reader's Digest, Time, etc.). If you mean science journals or magazines,
then it's a very different question. I would guess that most of the physics
teachers are not exclusively physics teachers, and if they belong to a
professional society at all, it is probably NSTA, and so the
science-related journal they would get is The Science Teacher. Some
probably take one of the popular science magazines, like Discovery,
Astronomy, Scientific American, etc. But your question is probably not
definitievely answerable on this list.

If you are looking for a place to advertise effectively, then I would
suggest The Science Teacher and the Physics Teacher. Since they are
narrowly directed. Even so, I would guess that you would still get to less
than half the physics teachers in the country.

Not a very satisfactory answer, but then, you asked a hard question. I Think.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell

<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I bought a Macintosh.