COOKIES.TXT - was Re: Project Galileo

I erase Netscape\cookies.txt when I exit Windows.

No privacy problems there!

At 03:46 PM 7/24/97 CDT, you wrote:
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 21:50:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: William Beaty <billb@eskimo.com>

A question: what do others here think of websites which demand login and
passwords? GALILEO does, but at least it offers a tour. I have strong
feelings; required logins make me feel manipulated, like bunches of
faceless marketing types are forcing me to give them personal data by
witholding a "prize", and I refuse to list such websites on my page unless
they are VERY worthwhile. Am I just weird?

At least you control such information. If privacy is of concern, you
should be more worried about cookies. Read your cookies.txt file and see
what you find; you might be surprised, especially at some of the
expiration dates.
One can also visit URL http://www.anonymizer.com/ which will tell you
just how much about you and your system your browser discloses.

Phil Parker pparker@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Random quote for this second:
For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill.
---R. Clopton

Richard M. Langer Gateway High School,
Physics Teacher 5101 McRee Ave.
rlanger@dtd1.slps.k12.mo.us St. Louis, MO 63110