Block physics in high school- 2hrs per day for a semester

What information do you have to share about block scheduling of
high school physics (i.e. a year course compressed into a semester of 2hrs.
per day for 5 days in a row.)?
This seems to the "new band wagon" for schools to climb onto. I'd like
to know what factual data or experience(s) some of you have had with this.
I'd like to know pro/con concerning factors such as:
1. Shorter time to learn concepts related to ability level.
2. Effects of 2 hrs a day every day of the week.
3. Results on some forms of national testing compared to the old
way.
4. Effects on AP -tests.
5. Retention
6. Effects of absences, interruptions (snow days, special school-wide
events, sickness, etc.)