Re: stern gerlach apparatus

Can anyone give me a cost estimate on setting up a Stern-
Gerlach apparatus? Or are there any companies that sell
one?

Thanks,

Beth
thackerb@gvsu.edu

Beth,

There used to be companies that supplied Stern-Gerlach apparatus, but to
the best of my knowledge they no longer do so. In any event they were NOT
cheap.

You can get good advice from the people at Lake Forest college who have an
operating student experiment on Stern Gerlach which is described on their
WEB pages. Try the URL http://www.lfc.edu/physics/index.htm and look
under Students and Recent Student Projects.

For other stuff of possible interest see:
http://dg8.chemie.uni-konstanz.de/publications/jpa1994.html on a phase
space study of the Stern-Gerlach experiment, and
http://144.26.13.41/phyhist/ for short biographies of physicists.

See you at Denver?
Best regards,
Len