Re: CONSERVATION OF ENERGY

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:05:01 -0700 Leigh Palmer <palmer@sfu.ca> writes:
Why is it misleading to say that "energy is the ability to do work"?

It's wrong. It doesn't mean anything. Now I retire from the fray.

Leigh

I hope you don't teach like that. Why not tell the person why it's
wrong? You could be so useful. Sympathetically / Tom P.S. Why
would you not say, "Leigh doesn't suffer fools gladly?" Because this
type of distinction is no longer made by egalitarians, including every
follower of Jesus, for example, by which I do not mean Christians, of
course.