Re: CONSERVATION OF ENERGY

Dear Folks,

Somehow I got the idea that, although work and heat, both boundary
phenomena, represent the transfer of energy through a control boundary
without the mediation of mass, except that work is not accompanied by
the trasfer of entropy while heat is.
I thought this was better than the stock phrase, applied to work, of
"capable of raising a weight".

Regards / Tom

P.S. Perhaps someone will read my diagrammatic approach to
understanding? I have improved the picture, lately, with a model that
incorporates four categories: (1) W, the world, (2) M, mental images,
(3) P, perceptions, and (4) W*, the "reader's" conception of the world
in which he imagines phenomena occurring.