Re: what is understanding?

I think understanding of physics is never attained. One can always
see deeper into a subject even after one feels one understands it
satisfactorily. Understanding admits of various degrees. Even the
simplest of concepts can be deeper than an expert on the concept
realizes. I have seen the understanding of the entire physics
community deepen beyond the previous understanding of even the
acknowledged world expert too many times to accept the
pronouncements of authority as final.

Leigh