Re: "strangeness" quote

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, JON GREENBERG wrote:

Can someone please tell me the exact wording and
source of a quotation that was something like:

The Universe is not only stranger than we had
imagined. It is even stranger than we can imagine.

Many thanks,

Jon Greenberg
jon@ait.net

I was told that A. Einstein said it, but I wasted several days trying to
document the quotation -- no success.

W. Barlow Newbolt 540-463-8881 (telephone)
218 Howe Hall 540-463-8884 (fax)
Washington and Lee University newbolt.w@fs.science.wlu.edu
Lexington, Virginia 24450 wnewbolt@liberty.uc.wlu.edu

"What can you say about a society which insists that
God is dead, but which also insists that Elvis Presley
is alive?"
Irv Cupsinet