certainty versus uncertainty

My wife asked me, "how sure are you that this was done correctly"? The
answer was "about 95%". By implication I was saying that my uncertainty
was only 5%. There is an interesting assymetry here. The difference
between being 95 versus 99 percent sure is about 4% while the difference
between being 5 versus 1 percent uncertain is 500%.

Nothing profound, just an observation. Which way of answering is better,
in terms of certainty or in terms of uncertainty?
Ludwik Kowalski