Re: glass ...

We have had an interesting discussion of dispersion, how to measure it, and
how accurate one can be. However, I think (perhaps) we have missed the point
of the original post. What is the difference between crown glass and
flint glass?

We know they have different indices of refraction, but what is
different with the glasses that is responsible for the differences
in the indices? -- a few ppm of impurities.

Oren Quist
SDSU