Re: PHYS-L digest 425

I do not know if I can explain the "colloer corrected lens" with words
only. Most optics textbooks have a chapter on "chromatic aberation", look
for example, in Fundamentals of Optics by Jenkins and White.

You have two lenses in contact,one converging and one diverging, made
from different glasses. The color dispersion of one lens is corrected
by the color dispersion of another without totally cancelling the light
bending of the system.
Sorry for the "colloer" above; too late to correct while replying.