Re: Order being born from disorder?-ERRATUM

Hi,

Either I am confused (quite likely) or there is something
fundamentally wrong with this question. If entropy is a measure of the
number of distinct microstates of a macroscopic system, how can you
define the entropy of a defined microstate? One can ask about the
entropy of a ten-bit system or a ten-bit system with 4 one's or a ten-bit
system with 4 consectutive one's but if you fully define the microstate
then where is the probability distribution?

Thanks
Roger Haar