Re: What we learned in physics

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Michael Griff Murray wrote:

Hey wait a second, you are forgetting something important:

Once the rocket leaves the atmosphere, it goes into space, the biggest
suction of all. That's why it is dark in space. Furthermore, since
there is no light in space, the rocket has no inertial frame of
reference. That's why the rocket can't travel faster than the speed of
light.

Hey, brainstorm! Back to the aircraft engine turbine blades... If we put
a big flat vertical plate right behind the jet engine exhaust, then the
high velocity exhaust gasses will strike it and be deflected radially.
But this means that the high velocity gas is flowing over the front
surface of the plate, but not over the back. The suction this generates
could multiply the total engine suction by many times! All this time that
we've been just throwing away the exhaust gas, we could have been using it
to generate forward thrust!

I'll have to start drawing up patent paperwork. Also for the other big
flat horizontal plate, the one that goes below a helicopter...

William Beaty voice:206-781-3320 bbs:206-789-0775 cserv:71241,3623
EE/Programmer/Science exhibit designer http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/
Seattle, WA 98117 billb@eskimo.com SCIENCE HOBBYIST web page