RE: AP-C Test

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Ken Fox wrote:

As for the test, there does seem to be a change in philosophy that leans
more toward conceptual understanding and less toward rigorous problem
solving. The questions showed a broad range of skills from graph
interpretation to deriving expressions to being able to show understanding
of the Physics involved independent of multistepped problems. Yet, in each
section, there was one problem that was more in the former philosophy, #3
in each section. I find that I rather like the new approach, but will have
to adjust my preparation of students so they are expecting this new kind of
question.

This is more like what I used to do in the IB exams, right Ken? I don't
know if the new IB assessment philosophy (with an new syllabus) will
follow a similar pattern.

Allen Brown