Re: Explaining QM to the layperson -Reply

I do limited consulting for the Physics 2000 website
(www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/). It is being developed by Marty Goldman,
a well known plasma theorist and innovative educator.

I too am interested what came across to you as "insult humor". The site
is multi-level, non-linear, and interactive, using cartoon characters,
dialog and animation in the tradition of "Mac E Squared's Calculus".
Cartoon characters are icons matched to specific presentation levels,
which are planned to range from grade school through graduate level.
Users can choose their own routes to learning.

The site dialog so far is all informal, cartoon-style and high school
level. It definitely would not appeal to everyone. At the site homepage
click on "More About Physics 2000" and "Pedagogical principles of the
Physics 2000 website" to learn more.

Michael Thomason, Director of Physics Learning Laboratories
University of Colorado, Dept of Physics, Box 390, Boulder CO 80309-0390
MWF 303 -492-7117 TTh 303 492-8313 thomason@aeinstein.colorado.edu
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/