Re: Tensor textbooks

Here are a few texts that I have really liked mostly used in conjunction
with each other:

Synge & Schild TENSOR CALCULUS
Eisele & Mason APPLIED MATRIX & TENSOR ANALYSIS
and a couple of really oldies but goodies
Temple & Methuen CARTESIAN TENSORS
Sokolnikoff TENSOR ANALYSIS

I agree that the use of the Levi-Civita "completely anti-symmetric tensor"
is important to a proper understanding of tensors. This is especially
true if our progeny are to have any generalized understanding and to think
of anything more than just scalars, vectors, and matrices.