Re: POE summary

I too hope this thread is not getting too tedious, but there are some
things that I have read here that I fear I must be misinterpreting, and
I would really like to get them straight.

Scenario: I am sitting peacefully on a bench when the driver in a parked
car down the street suddenly starts the car and manages 0 to 60 mph in 20
sec. Other than being a little disturbed by the noise, I feel nothing
whatever, even though a quick calculation shows my acceleration relative
to the car to be well in excess of 1 m/s^2.

Where I fear I must be misinterpreting: Are we to say that a force acts
on me because of the acceleration I have relative to the car?

Is this to be taught, and if so in which classes at what level and in
which context?

Many thanks for any clarification.

A. R. Marlow E-MAIL: marlow@beta.loyno.edu
Department of Physics, Box 124 PHONE: (504) 865 3647 (Office)
Loyola University 865 2245 (Home)
New Orleans, LA 70118 FAX: (504) 865 2453