Re: Weight

Richard W. Tarara says:

I see nothing odd. In both cases, I would measure the weight as the
gravitational attraction of the earth on the object. The _apparent_ weight
at the equator will be slightly less due to the earth's rotation and in

Sorry I guess I misunderstood your post.
You had said that the special word "weight" was justified because it
features so prominently in everyday experience.
I therefore assumed that you wanted to use the word "weight" to describe
what we actually experience.
But I guess you prefer to use it for gravitational attraction.

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu