Whipping persons

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Tim Burgess wrote:

When passing the blame why not mention parents?

My favorite horrible example is the parent who complains loudly because
her Johnny can't read and blames the school when it is evident that she
is literate and has English as her first language. Such parents (and they
do exist - they write articulate letters to the editor of our newspaper)
should be ashamed of themselves! Instead they deplore the failure of the
schools to make up for what they seem to lack the time to do themselves.

I feel much better now.

Leigh