Re: Weight

At 12:22 PM 4/10/97 MDT, PHYS010@NMSUVM1.NMSU.EDU wrote:
... There is a
shortage of scientifically literate voters. General physics is an
ideal course with which one can combate scientific illiteracy.
Therefore any efforts to reduce confusion and increase assimilation
of essential ideas should be welcome.

It seems to me that using a single unit of measure for both force and weight
begs for confusion.
It has been my experience that using one unit for force and another
for mass allows me to hold on to a clearer conception of weight.

Regards
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK