Force sensors (1)

The below was written:

A. R. Marlow says: we are

dealing with the proposition that someone had never encountered a force
detector that didn't measure acceleration first.

Are we expected to answer with YES, NO, BOTH, NEITHER or NO_OPINION ?

I suggest we replace "someone had never encountered a force detector ...",
which is irrelevant, by "it is not possible to conceive a working force
detector ...".

The fact that "I've never encounter . . . " is correctly stated to be
irrelevant. I chose those words to spark discussion (successfully I might
add) on the issue. I would like to confine the thread for the moment to
spring scales as force sensors and then later expand it to other types (see
post (2) )

Who is counting? When should we begin? Please specify your private e-mail
address for responding. And, above all, restate the proposition so that
the opinion poll is based on the most recent formulation. How soon will
you stop counting?

My statement is not subject to vote as is any other scientific questions.
And a vote would mostly be irrelevant. What is important is the discussion
and arguements and counter-arguements for deciding or at least illucidating
the question.

Joel