Biesel Snake Principle

I found the following information at the site listed below. Can anyone
provide me with additional information regarding the Biesel Snake
Principle, I have never heard of it before?

http://www.ime.nrc.ca/facilit/doc/DWREP5.HTML

DWREP5 synthesizes a multi-directional sea using the double
summation RP or RFC method with uniformly-spaced wave angles.
It then computes control signals for a segmented wave generator
using linear wave theory via the Biesel snake principle method.
The frequency spectrum is read in from a GEDAP file. The spreading
function is read in from another GEDAP file as a function of both
frequency and angle. Linear interpolation is used to resample both
the frequency spectrum and the spreading function at the
frequencies required for wave synthesis.

Tish Richey
prichey@venus.net
500 South Gardner Street
Scottsburg High School