Re: Charge on the Earth

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, James Mclean wrote:

Can you suggest a reference or two that gives more details about the charge
of the earth or the ambient fields typically found near the surface?
I knew the earth had a magnetic field, but I didn't know that it had an
electric one.

I found the following which may help. It has some references at the end.

http://www.nofc.forestry.ca/~kanderso/ltgfaq.html

John
A. John Mallinckrodt email: mallinckrodt@csupomona.edu
Professor of Physics voice: 909-869-4054
Cal Poly Pomona fax: 909-869-5090
Pomona, CA 91768 office: Building 8, Room 223