Re: Our philosophy ?

On 07 Apr 1997 Bob Sciamanda responding to:

You want to play a philosopher? Then answer this question. What is an
acceptable explanation in physics? (Not in geometry, not in a court of
law, not in theology, not in arts, etc. but in physics.)

wrote:

... if you want some of my thoughts on your last question, then go to:
http://www.edinboro.edu/~sciamanda/home.html (I'll wait for you there :)

I did go there (clicking on PRELUDE) and I found an interesting essay, great
for students, great for teachers. And not too long!

Theory versus model
Empitical models versus conceptual models
Limitation of conceptual models

But the question which prompted the invitation was not answered there. Try
to answer it briefly and post your formulation in a way which may lead to
an interesting thread. Every physicist is a little philosopher.
Ludwik Kowalski

P.S. At one point I was prompted to press the left button of my mouse but
my Mac has only one button. I pressed it and nothing happened. Is there an
equivalent key combination for this? Web sites are supposed to be platform-
independent.