Re: Another camera question

At 09:36 PM 4/2/97 EST, David Dockstader wrote:
Something like 25 years ago when I was working at Kodak we experimented
with using the technique you describe to do image enhancement. We did
an optical Fourier Transform, made masks to adjust the relative amplitude
of various frequencies, and then Transformed back to reconstruct the photo

Which reminds me of this story.
Make a mask (optical filter) from the text 'dog' on a page of print.
Transform the image of a page of text through the mask.
When retransformed, all instances of the word 'dog' are highlighted
on the reconstituted image along with similar shaped words like "God" etc....

(I never tried this personally)
Regards
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK