Re: Smart PASCO Pulley

Hi Again,
This is true, but the ten spoke pulley doesn't have the resolution to
do low speed changes in direction. The Rotary Motion Sensor outputs a
direction based count, so its signal is not compatible with the
photogate quadrature signal. It would require decoding circuitry,
some new software, or perhaps a mechanical clutch to use the Smart
Pulleys this way. We played around with this idea for a while but
found the Rotary Motion Sensor to be the best solution in the end.
Robert

Using two sensors to detect direction is aka quadrature encoding. The idea
is you generate two sinuosoidal-ish squarewave-ish signals and the
phase relation between the two gives you direction.

Dan M

| Robert Morrison voice: (916) 786-3800 |
| Technical Support fax: (916) 786-3292 |
| PASCO scientific toll-free: (800) 772-8700 |
| 10101 Foothills Blvd. Ext: 300 |
| Roseville, CA 95678 email: morrison@pasco.com |
| http://www.pasco.com |