Re: Capacitors problem

At 09:34 AM 3/29/97 EDT, LUDWIK KOWALSKI wrote:
... Let me add another question. What happens when, in
addition to R-->0, we also impose L-->0 (infinitely short wires, etc.)?

Ludwik Kowalski

Department of Needless Conflict:

I find questions in the category of
"What happens when an irresistable force meets an unmoveable object"
to be ultimately unhelpful.

I can easily recall a ball park figure for the inductance of a free conductor
as 10 nanoHenries per inch.
And I can envision paralleling many of them.

But who can contradict me if I say there is a burst of x-rays when I finally
reduce L to zero?

Regards
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK