Re: Mars Robot

David,

The Mars Pathfinder will crash into Mars on July 4th and we should begin
to get pictures back around 5:00 p.m. PST. If you have Web access, check
out our home page at: http://physlab.catlin.edu and then check on the
planet for more Mars information. Another site is
http://mpfwww.arc.nasa.gov.

That address does not look right but I am typing it directly off some
material I downloaded off the net.

This afternoon I will be working on setting up a "mirror site" for JPL
since the load to their computer is expected to be too heavy to handle
the load this summer. For example, one NASA site is set up to handle 5
million hits per day and another will service 1 million hits. We hope to
be able to handle about 250 - 500 thousand. When we get our system up
and running, JPL expects to send data in about every 15 minutes so our
site will have the latest information available. I hope all this works well.

Lowell Herr
Project PHYSLab
The Catlin Gabel School
Portland, OR 97225