"How Things Work" Website

You might try the Virginia University (?) web site "How things work". I
think it has microwaves in it. I am not sure of the address.

Tish Richey

The site you are referring to is:

http://howthingswork.virginia.edu/

It is a webpage by Louis Bloomfield that is associated with his
introductory physics book: "How Things Work: The Physics of Everyday
Life.":

Think of this site as a radio call-in program that's being held on the
WWW instead of the radio. If you ask how something works, using the
button below, I'll try to provide an explanation. You'll
find a more comprehensive discussion of many common objects in my
book:
How Things Work: the Physics of Everyday Life. Feel free to create
links
to this site; I'm trying to encourage everyone
to learn about the physics and science of the world around them. Please
let me know what you think about this site. -- Lou Bloomfield

Dennis

* Dennis E. Krause Phone: (413) 597-3306 *
* Department of Physics Fax: (413) 597-4116 *
* Williams College E-mail: dkrause@williams.edu *
* Williamstown, MA 01267 *
* http://www.williams.edu:803/Physics/dkrause/ *