Hale-Bopp...Thank you

Thanks to all for their suggestions of Hale-Bopp activities. There have
been a number of excellent ideas posted. I'm happy.

I'd like to especially thank Sheron Snyder of the Abrams Planetarium at
Michigan State. On the web site there are several wonderful resources.
One of my classes is going to put up our version of the scale model of
the comet's orbit(s). (Sheron has been helpful by answering several
questions for me.) The "Walk through time" that accompanies the model is
educational, fun, and awe inspiring. There is also a template for a
simple, folded-paper, 3-D model of the orbit that can easily be
duplicated and distributed to students (and adults). I'd encourage
everyone to take advantage of this super site for educators. Visit at:

http://www.pa.msu.edu/abrams/

Thank you Sheron.

Dave

--
* David Simmons St. John's Jesuit High School *
* 5901 Airport Hwy Toledo OH 43615 *