Re: Singing pipes

I use a 3 meter PVC pipe and place it over a Fisher (sp) burner. I have
noticed that the pipe does not work as well during the winter when the
air temperature at the ceiling is quite warm and the temperature at floor
level is cool. Has anyone noticed this effect? At least I assume the
temperature difference is causing the 'problem.' It is as if the hot air
cannot rise in the pipe sufficiently due to the warm air aloft. Comments?

Lowell Herr