sound absorbing material

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Paul Williams wrote:
Try covering the walls by hanging sheets of egg flats linked together with
thread or paper clips.

That is a very good suggestion! But, what about something that
could be put up/down as needed? Some type of foam mabye? I would like
something that I can pull down like projection screens mounted all around
the room next to the walls from the dropped ceiling.
We need something simple, quick and easy to store. Would carpet
padding work? Mount gromets in it to prevent tearing and have it in small
sections 6'-8' wide or so. Roll them up like blinds when not in use.
Cheap, simple and it should do the job.
Our old acoustic room had cork tiles on the floor, but I doubt you
can find those anymore.
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu
University of Arkansas Voice phone:(501) 575-6059