ENERGY

The text I use (and others) refer to the fact that during even "normal"
combustion, a small amount of matter is actually converted to entergy
via E=mc^2.

How much matter might be converted when one strikes a match? And what
matter is it that is converted, an electron or two or a few neutrons?
What determines what matter undergoes this conversion?

I look forward to any illumination on this topic about which I know
little. Thank you.

David Abineri