Balloons without gases...

Greetings everyone. I've been working on a few labs dealing with
the gas laws when a thought occurred to me. Is it possible to make a
"floating" balloon without the use of any "light" gases (hydrogen,
helium, etc.)? What I was wondering, would it be possible to take a
rubber balloon like material and seal it all the way around so that air
cannot get in or out of the inside envelope. The inside lacks any air
(vacuum or near - vacuum). If the inside of this balloon had some sort
of light, strong rib material that flexes outward pushing the outer walls
so that the balloon has a greater volume. I know the pressure inside
will greatly decrease and the "skin" of the balloon will be "sucked"
inwards, but if it were rigid enough, could this work? Has it already be
done? Am I onto something that could bring me instant success and early
retirement? :-)

Dwight
Ashland, OH