Re: Bulges

My Earth is not spinning*. I said to throw water on the earth only. You and
anyone else "agreeing" that all the water will stay on the side nearer the
Moon won't make it so. This is not a democracy where you win because you
have me two to one. Nature is on my side.

Howdy,

Having the Earth spin on its axis is NOT needed to get two bulges. Having
the Earth-Moon System rotate about the common center of mass IS necessary
to get two bulges. As I said in my previous post, it is a DYNAMIC system
and you must take into account the acceleration of the different parts of
the system to do the problem. This can be done either by introducing
fictitious forces OR by admitting the system is accelerating.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs@interaccess.com)