----------
From: bob foley <foleyr@UWSTOUT.EDU>

I was wondering if anyone else happen to be
watching the network movie, Astroid, last night -
in which they burst apart (in a very short time period)
a substantial Astroid, which was
apparently thousands (?) of miles from Earth
using two lasers mounted on jets, firing from
within our atmosphere. Unless I'm way behind
on technology, don't we have real problems with
energy requirements, targeting, attenuation, etc.?

Bob Foley
Physics Dept, UW-Stout
Menomonie, WI