Big Bang from Big Black Hole

A discussion has ensued, with my encouragement, in astronomy class about
the early universe. If all the universe was in the singularity at the
Big Bang, wouldn't this singularity be a Super Black Hole? How would the
universe erupt out of this super black hole? My answer is that at the
Big Bang, all matter was energy, hence wasn't trapped-in nor could have
formed a black hole. Is this correct?

Donald F. Collins
Physics Department Warren Wilson College Asheville, NC 28815
(704) 298-3325 dcollins@warren-wilson.edu