Re: a math question

Number of prime factors in a large number versus the large numbers?

--------------
From: IN%"phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu" 12-FEB-1997 15:41
To: IN%"PHYS-L@ATLANTIS.CC.UWF.EDU" "PHYS-L NETWORK"
CC:
Subj: a math question

I thnk something was left out of an article in Science (vol 275 p 759)
and I do not know enough relevent math to supply the missing info, if
indeed anything is missing.
In an articel about Paul Erdos it was stated that one of his
original theorems "says that a graph of the number of prime factors of
very large numbers forms a bell curve".
What is the x axis of that curve?