Re: Thermally sensitive stuff

Kyle, Paul, et al,

Could it be that the principle of your heat-sensitive cards and coffee cups
is similar to that employed by Matchbox for their color-changer toy
cars?

Another example from the Kroger yesterday (and you really have to get
some of this stuff) -- color changing Silly Putty. It is way cool.

Am I correct in concluding then that this process is essentially different
from that which produces the color changes in liquid crystal?

Rosaline

Sounded like it might be but I really don't know enough about either
to say for sure.

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227