Re: counter-steering, with numbers

Being more the experimental than theoretical type, I suggest building
a front wheel assembly with an adjustable counter-rotating component to
reduce, cancel, or reverse the gyroscopic effects and try riding.
This might reduce some of the arguments.
I'm afraid I am not prepared to construct the experiment at this time.
Sorry.

That's OK. It has been done already. The results were published in
Physics Today back in the seventies. Anyone have the reference handy?

Oh, yes; the result was that the gyroscopic effect is unimportant to
the perceived stability of the bicycle. Of course the bicycle is
unstable to start with, but it remains quite *rideable* with a
counterbalancing gyro on the front fork.

Leigh