binary attachments (was Re: e-field software?)

Date: Sun, 2 Feb 97 17:55:23 EDT
From: kowalskil@alpha.montclair.edu

Am I the only one who can not read the last part of the message posted by
Dan MacIsaac on February 1? I assume it is a binary coded file. What should
I do to read it on my Macintosh? Ludwik Kowalski

It is a typical Microsoft "feature" -- software that defaults to sending
a proprietary format that is not readable by any other software. In this
particular case, it is the proprietary format for MS Exchange (or the
latest name-of-the-week, as they keep changing it). If the Exchange client
has been ported to Mac-OS, you can read it by purchasing a copy. If it
hasn't, it is merely binary bloat for you as it is for everyone else not
using that Microsoft product.

Phil Parker Email: pparker@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Math. Dept., Wichita St. Univ. Fax: 316-978-3748
I find [in mathematics] a wonderful beauty. This is no science, this is
art, where equations fall away to elements like resolving chords, and
where always prevails a symmetry either explicit or multiplex, but always
of a crystalline serenity.---Turjan of Miir (Jack Vance)