Re: EM fileds of human body

This is not really a direct reply to Beth but it is related. I just tried
out Vernier's EKG probe for the MPLI. Really neat. Within five minutes
after opening the box I had it plugged into my computer and had taken my
first EKG. (Quite a feat since I have never even had highschool biology.)
I am now giving EKG's to everyone who walks past my door and am thinking
about setting up an endoscopic heart surgery clinic in my office.

Kidding aside this is a really nice probe to arouse interest among the
biolgists in the usefulness of physics. Price $145. The biologists here
tell me it gives as good an EKG as their multi-thousand dollar special
purpose machine and is much more convenient.

I'm trying to locate any research done by physicists on the
electric and magnetic fields of the human body (or of other
animals). I'm interested in the type of research that is
discussed in the book The Body Electric by Robert Becker. I
know there has been a fair amount of research done in
various branches of the health sciences and possibly by
biologists, but are there any physicists involved? Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

Beth

thackerb@gvsu.edu

Jim Riley, Department of Physics