Re: Textbook prescribers of the world arise!

At 5:21 PM on 1/10/97, <phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu> wrote:

for their books. Hello? Anyone else out there feel that way?

Leigh

Yes. It amazes me, (and inspires belief in conspiracy theories) that Dover
doesn't publish any introductory physics texts...say a 1970 Halliday and
Resnick kind of book. We could be done with this and Dover could sell a
mole (almost) of these books at $12 a piece ($15 in Canada).

Isn't there a decent text that was published by an extinct publisher that
Dover could get the rights to? Maybe someone needs to write a new text
and, before the big publishers get their hooks into it, submit it to Dover.

Chip