electronic components

On Dec. 30 Roger Haar wrote:

On the question of the discharge of your capacitor: Did the meter change
scales? I have seem moderately expensive meters NOT have the same reading
between two scales even though the current was constant.

I also observed this and decided to use one scale. That caused larger errors
for very small I. But the non-exponentiality (I hope it will be confirmed
by others before we definitely accept it as a fact) is much stronger than
what can be attributed to random reading errors. And I have many points.
Next time I plan to use a digital voltmeter and measure I*R over the
resistor through which the capacitor is charged and discharged.

I hope you saw my recognition of the graphical integration error discovered
by John. The Internet is so slow; the messages I posted last night did not
bounced to me yet.
Ludwik Kowalski kowalskiL@alpha.montclair.edu