Re: A new nuclear option ?

I believe that I heard on an NPR news broadcast that one of the options for
Pu disposal was "burning"--admittedly, this was at something like 4 a.m.,
and the newsreader may have just misread "burying" I said "huh?????"
and wondered what burning would accomplish other than generating a big pile
of PuO which would then have to be vitrified and buried. Does anyone know
anything further about this supposed option? M.J. Clarke, College of St.
Scholastica, Duluth.