----------
From: Bill Lamb <blamb@oes.edu>

I have taught under some pretty adverse conditions, but
could never justify failing/dropping 80% of my students.

Scott Rippetoe rippetoe@tenet.edu
Academy of Science and Technology voice (713) 292-2615

Leigh Palmer <palmer@sfu.ca> said:

Sounds like it's probably a tough inner city school, eh?
I think you have no imagination. I've heard stories that
would make me believe in 80% irredeemable classes - in
physics!

<response snipped>