Re: Students and Tests

At 06:12 PM 12/6/96 -0500, Kyle wrote:
I'm sorry but I just don't think education fits any business model at all.

Amen. And every time some board of trustees brings in a new president or
provost or treasurer from the business community they move the academy one
step further down the corporate model and away from the "community of scholars".

Department of Physics * *
Randolph-Macon College * "Of course you can trust me, *
P.O. Box 5005 * *
Ashland, VA 23005-5505 * I'm a doctor!" *
* *
phone: (804) 752-7344 * - myself *
FAX: (804) 752-4724 * *