student gems

I've had a standing assignment during the semester for the students
in my section of "Cosmic Concepts" (a general education physical
science course for nonscience majors) to attend a planetarium program
and turn in a report about the show. I thought phys-l readers might
enjoy three of the comments I found while reading the reports.

1. "[The host] pointed out ... certain stars: 'The seven sisters',
the 'north star', and the star called 'Vagus'."

2. "We then turned the lights off and saw the starts and a couple of
consolations in the sky."

3. "We also saw the moon and some other constellations such as the
'upside-down chair' and O'Ryan."

Steve Luzader
Frostburg State University