Re: The Mechanical Universe -starring Gilda Radner

Tom K. McCarthy wrote:
> Am I correct in saying that Gilda Radner is sitting in the class taking
the course?!

Ha!
So you saw her, too! That young lady is really a spitting image of her! I
talked with Dr. Goodstein once when he was here in NC and he said that
those students were actually standins that just happened to be on
campus early before the term actually got started. He also told me the
story of Herbie, the Pope, and the street urchin. With his neat sense of
humor, I imagined him to be close to my idea of what Feynman would
have been like if I had met him. Does anybody have any personal insights
about Goodstein that you'd be willing to share?
Gordon Shepherd
Guilford Tech. Comm. Coll.
Jamestown, NC 27282