Re: joe sixpack

I too have the NZ videos. The image quality is ok but not great, and the
audio gets funny once in a while, but Feynman is fun to watch even so.

On
Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Leigh Palmer wrote:

Leigh: Are these Feynman tapes the same as the 60's series from Cal Tech,
or are they some more recent tapings? If newer, please post the source.
Thanks, Karl

No. They are from the 80s. They were made in New Zealand on a repeat
performance (the first talks were given in LA). Contact Ralph Leighton
at fot@lafn.org for ordering details. I haven't viewed them yet (but I
read the book). Perhaps I'll watch them this holiday season with my
children.

I don't know about the sixties films from Caltech, but the Messenger
Lectures that were given at Cornell are superb. They were filmed
(that was before videotape - these are kinescope recordings) by BBC
and can be bought for a ridiculous price on videotape from someone.
The Feynman tapes I got were four lectures for $60.

Leigh